Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A voice in the conversation


Recently I began to notice that I'm becoming more and more frustrated by the voices chiming in on my thoughts posted on FB. I try to not be a close minded person however when someone doesn't have a history or knowledge of something I would think they might listen in and hear what all the voices are saying. However this is not the case with certain people. Instead they come charging in and try to make their voice heard, they make sure it's louder than the voice next to them, and even try to sound like the authority voice of the conversation.

For the record I do post on FB and even on here as a way to vent. As a single person I'm not able to go home and share those frustrations and conversations the way most people are. That being said I know I leave myself open to having others join in and I welcome that.

But, I am not one to argue until I'm blue or argue for the sake of arguing. I believe what I believe, these beliefs are most generally based on my faith, my personal understanding, and through being educated on a topic. I will be the first to admit that I jump into conversations all too often, but in my frustration I have started to see myself. So, if I can attempt to change the way I listen and communicate maybe you can to.

No comments:

Post a Comment