Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The joy and pain of babies


My heart is all over the place today when I think about babies and the joy and pain they bring into their parents lives and the lives of those around them. A little over a week ago one of my oldest childhood friends and her husband lost their precious baby boy. This was a child that was loved and so meant for this family and yet God choose to bring him back to himself. I'm sure there are a lot of why's going around, but I've been asking God to help heal the broken hearts of the mommy and daddy that are left behind.

Then there is this joy that's coming from two other friends, one of my oldest childhood friends and an old coworker who are having their babies (hopefully today). Joy for their upcoming arrivals and the blessings that these little ones will bring to their families lives.

Yet my mind is never far from this couple that had to say goodbye to their son last week. And just yesterday a friend called to tell me that she and her husband are finally pregnant but keeping it quiet until she's a little further along. So now I pray extra hard for this little baby and that it will make it full term and be healthy.

For most babies bring up all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings, images, and smells. For others their hearts break when they think about that baby they lost or that they haven't been able to have. For me I am trying to remember that each child created was made by the King in His image and with a purpose.

So for my friends that are mourning I will mourn with you for as long as you need me. For my friends that are rejoicing the very very soon arrivals of their blessings I will rejoice you!

No comments:

Post a Comment