Thursday, December 22, 2011

it's been a long time...but, it's also been a hard year

i realized it's been a long time since i put my thoughts to paper, so here we go.

driving into work today i realized it was this time a year ago that i was praying to God to deliver me for my current and very unhappy work environment to someplace i could find happiness and joy in. well He did just that.

i've been at faith alive for almost 10 months now and it was a process that began last december. it's not always been a stress free job or environment but it has been a healthy one. i can't express how much working for a boss that believes in me changes thing. working for something that i believe in changes everything around you.

but, it's also been a really hard year. in april my aunt went into the hospital for what should have been a surgery that would give her a great life (she had just turned 57)instead the doctors left her unable to talk or breathe on her own for a number of month, never to walk again, and ultimately took her life in september. the absence of her life has hole in the lives of EVERYONE that knew and loved her. and if you knew her you indeed loved her. i'm thankful for the last note i got from her. it was a great day visiting her in ann arbor and when i asked her "auntie lynn why are you staring at me?" her response was "because i just love you soo much" so it's the little things like this that still make me smile.

my uncle fred also gave us a scare and ended up having 8 bypasses on his heart, but thankfully he's doing well. then my dad fell on some stairs and ended up breaking his leg really bad, had to have surgery, and is now on the slow road to health. and, if that wasn't enough my god son wyatt (6 months old) became very ill and had to have emergency surgery on his intestines to save his life. he is also on the road to recovery.

so while it's been a year of trials for my family i know that God has been there every moment of every day. He's heard our prayers and has been faithful to help us heal.

i'm excited to start 2012. i'm excited to see what God has in store for my family and myself next. but, mostly i'm excited to continue this journey of my life!

to all of my friends may 2012 be full of blessings. may the Lord bless and keep you all and may He make His face shine on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment